19 de gener del 2020

The doll


Do you believe in ghosts or in enchanted houses? I thought that most times they are stories to scare children. But one day, something very strange happened to me.

Many years ago, I went to live to an old house near the mountains.

One day, I decided to visit the house because I was bored. It was very big and I entered a room full of toys.

Then, I heard a noise behind me. I turned round but there was nothing. This scared me and I ran outside the house. When I looked around the house, I saw a hand in the window of the nursery, the strange toy room.

Next day, I decided to return there. I opened the door and I saw a doll, which had big blue eyes and a small red mouth. I got scared and started running, but the door was closed. When I turned round, the doll said to me: “Nobody wants to play with me”.

I explained it to my parents. We decided to return to our house in the city immediately.
Now, sometimes I dream about this house and the doll looking and smiling at me.


Paula Paredes
Institut Dertosa, Tortosa


*Conte premiat en la categoria de secundària en el X Concurs de microrelats de terror 2019, organitzat per la biblioteca de l'Institut Cristòfol Despuig.