21 de desembre del 2021

A scary doll comes to my life



When my mother and I were going to buy some things related to Halloween, we found a doll sitting on the bench. We thought that someone might have left it by mistake and would take it when he or she remembered about it. We went on our walk, but when we were returning home, we found the same doll on the same bench. She was very cute with big blue eyes, and very charming. I really wanted to take her with me, but my mother didn’t let me do so. Eventually she agreed, and we took that beautiful doll with us.

We put the carved pumpkins at the house entrance and hung some fake bats and witches on the door. Actually, we were holding a Halloween party that night, everyone was enjoying, dancing and singing. I showed that doll to everyone, and one of my friends named her “Daisy”. I was very keen on that name, and it also suited the doll’s features. That night we played a lot of games, then everyone went to their houses. My family was very tired and everyone went to their rooms to sleep.

I went to sleep after half an hour. Suddenly I could hear some voices. I woke up and saw Daisy running and causing incidents in the house. When I was walking towards her, she attacked me and I went to my parent’s room, but nobody was there. The doll was following me. I was very scared. I went upstairs and closed the door, but she broke it. When she was coming towards me, I stabbed the knife in her stomach and threw her far away from my house. When I went down to my parent’s room, they were still sleeping. I was very shocked, and my whole body was shaking. For a few days I couldn’t sleep well and I couldn’t forget that incident, but luckily, in the end, this event slipped from my mind.

After one year...

Again Halloween came and someone rang our bell, when I opened the door, I found the same doll “Daisy”...


Sargunpreet Kaur

Institut Dertosa, Tortosa


*Conte premiat en la categoria de secundària en el XII Concurs de microrelats de terror 2021, organitzat per la biblioteca de l'Institut Cristòfol Despuig.