21 de desembre del 2021

A night in the subway station


One Sunday night I was at the subway in Barcelona. I was there because I had gone to watch a scary movie at the cinema, which had been so good. It was very scary but I liked it. I was alone at the subway station. Nobody was around there, the train didn’t arrive so I decided to watch videos on my mobile phone. I didn’t walk back home because I was so far away.

About half an hour later, suddenly a creepy old man arrived at the station. He was dressed in thick layers of clothing and he was coming near me.

He sat on the bench next to me and then asked: “When is the next train coming?” I stopped watching the video and said: “I don’t know, I’ve been waiting for a while”. He didn’t answer me. Then he started to make strange things with his hands and his feet. I was a little frightened. A few minutes later I heard something crawling. It was him, he was coming near me, when he was so near I stood up and he was also standing. He wanted to throw himself at me, but I was in time to run away.

I was far from the station and I didn’t see him following me.

Because of that, I decided not to go to another station but to take a taxi home. I saw one and I stopped it. I went in the car and I gave the driver the instructions.

While I was in the taxi I kept watching videos, and after a while I looked out of the window and saw that we were on a dead end street and I asked “Where are we?” the driver didn’t answer. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw that he was the same man I had met at the subway station.

I tried to get out of the car but the doors were locked. At the time I didn’t know what could happen.

To be continued...



Jaume Daudén Balagué

Institut Dertosa, Tortosa


*Conte premiat en la categoria de secundària en el XII Concurs de microrelats de terror 2021, organitzat per la biblioteca de l'Institut Cristòfol Despuig.